How and why should we buy BitCoins?

Get it out! Tell us what you think SHOULD happen (or not) in the world of money, finance, investing, etc.!
BTC beginner

How and why should we buy BitCoins?

Post by BTC beginner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 am

I have started to trade Bit Coins a few months back and already realized that there is so much to learn.
I hope this column can be used to share knowledge between us retail investors as the learning curve is steep and the knowledge is vast and growing ever faster.

Here is something I personally learned recently:
I have found that buying Bitcoin is the easiest through an exchange.
One of them I use is https://www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=io0yz7x ... hcjrfpghud

Compared to using ATMs the fee is much lower. Believe me if you had tried to buy BTC from more than one ATMs you would notice that the fee is high and vary a lot between locations.

When there was a folk such as Bitcoin Gold distributed on Oct 24 2017 and Bit cash sometime in the past the exchange just took care of it. They just showed up in the account. I didn’t need to scan bar code or download another wallet just because the previous ones did not have the type of crypto currency. It is not trivial effort trying to stay current. Why not just leave it to the exchange.

There are concerns about keeping BTC in the exchange not being safe. They are valid and if you do have a large balance then the effort of moving BTC to paper wallet will be worth it.

Mad BitCoiner

Re: How and why should we buy BitCoins?

Post by Mad BitCoiner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Apart from calling a "fork" a "folk" I think you are mostly right.
I also think QuadrigaCX is one of the best.
There is a lot to learn and it's hard to know what will "catch".
I would like to know which of the many new coins have good reasons to survive.
I feel there are just too many and most will just die.
If anybody has insight into this, please share.

coin toss

Re: How and why should we buy BitCoins?

Post by coin toss » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 am

John McAfee predicts bitcoin will reach $1 million by the end of 2020, double his previous forecast along with some daring remark including “or I would eat my **** on national television.”
Details here:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/james-a ... -2020.html
Talks about wild confidence!
Wonder if it is on solid ground

savers

BitCoins for low risk investors

Post by savers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Interest rates have been so low for so long. We savers are being forced to look all over the place. Why should we be left out, just because we are responsible? Since when being responsible is not being rewarded and instead punished?

When low risk investors start to buy into riskier investments.
It's just not about the money any more. It's psychologically challenging.

What is wrong with Bitcoin? You can't eat your bonds, mutual funds, ETF's either.

Why not have a small percentage of it in your portfolio?