Fritzing should not be used instead of schematics!

Get it out! Tell us what you think SHOULD happen (or not) in the world of technology!

Do you agree that Fritzing should not be used by itself?

You may select 1 option

View results

T0Padmin
Site Admin

Post by T0Padmin »

It's a nice tool to use, alongside schematics, to show beginners how to wire a project.
It is not useful in understanding the functionality of the circuit.
Schematics should always be provided (along with explanations if needed).
CataCluj

Re: Fritzing should not be used instead of schematics!

Post by CataCluj »

Don't get me started!

I think Fritzing by itself will enable anybody to "copy" a circuit while drastically reducing the likelihood of that person understanding the circuit.
That person will also not likely be able to make modifications to that circuit.

Any electronics educational resource should use schematics to explain a circuit. It may use Fritzing to aid implementation.

Sure some people just want to copy a circuit without learning how it works; Fritzing will be fine for them.

I think the Fritzing software allows one to see schematics (not sure how friendly but important, nevertheless), I've never seen that in a book or online tutorial so far.

Cat
Coda

Re: Fritzing should not be used instead of schematics!

Post by Coda »

CataCluj wrote:Don't get me started!

I think Fritzing by itself will enable anybody to "copy" a circuit while drastically reducing the likelihood of that person understanding the circuit.
That person will also not likely be able to make modifications to that circuit.

Any electronics educational resource should use schematics to explain a circuit. It may use Fritzing to aid implementation.

Sure some people just want to copy a circuit without learning how it works; Fritzing will be fine for them.

I think the Fritzing software allows one to see schematics (not sure how friendly but important, nevertheless), I've never seen that in a book or online tutorial so far.

Cat
I definitely agree with Cat, if Fritzing is used, it should be with a schematic so you can understand the circuit.