The Art of Living - How should a life be lived?

Get it out! Tell us what you think SHOULD happen (or not) in the world of art!

I would live a life of

You may select 1 option

View results

Guest01

The Art of Living - How should a life be lived?

Post by Guest01 »

How should a life be lived? The purpose of life is too big a philosophical discussion calling for endless possibilities.
Let's think about how one would live if time is entirely ones own. If you do not have to have a schedule, to make a living supporting yourself and dependents; can resist the endless pursue of material luxury (No amount of money will ever be enough for that); if you are clear headed not having to distract yourself from living by keeping busy, how would you live your life, what choices would you make? Amazingly I actually could not think of many. Let me know your thoughts...
HappyGuest

Re: The Art of Living - How should a life be lived?

Post by HappyGuest »

Funny you should ask.
The first answer that comes to mind is "whatever makes you happy"; maybe you should add it to your choices.
And that reminds me of a podcast I just listened to, from Nora Young on CBC Spark:
"Is happiness a thing, or a process? One writer examines Wikipedia's definition - arrived at over 14 years and more than 6,000 edits."
I think it can be pretty hard to find out what that is if you have everything you can think want.
The idea of "pursuit of hapiness" may have to change at that point into... something I don't fathom.
Inspiration

Life is waiting for us

Post by Inspiration »

I have always liked this one:
"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.."- Joseph Campbell
wealth accumulation

Re: The Art of Living - How should a life be lived?

Post by wealth accumulation »

Overall eat right, exercise, do not smoke, drink
Try not to get upset. Ignore idiots on the road and anywhere else in your life.

Do not believe that there is 10% investment return for 40 years just because every banker, financial adviser, media, a friend of yours who happened to have ONE good year in the market... wants you to believe.

There is no fast wealth accumulation that's stable. It's a life long pursuit.

Do all the above then everything else is a gift