Video/Content streaming companies should allow users to fast-forward through videos with sound and captions.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else...

Should streaming companies should allow fast-forwarding through videos with sound and captions?

You may select 1 option

View results

CataCluj

Video/Content streaming companies should allow users to fast-forward through videos with sound and captions.

Post by CataCluj »

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Shomi, CraveTV and all the other streaming companies should allow me to fast-forward through the videos with sound and captions.
I don’t want to waste a part of my life watching slow things I feel take too long.
I’m not going to specify what such things are as they vary from subject to subject but I want the choice to condense the content without loosing information (hence sound and captions).
While this may be slightly harder to do technically for streaming content; I think just buffering a little longer would solve the problem.
What do you think?
Coda

Re: Video/Content streaming companies should allow users to fast-forward through videos with sound and captions.

Post by Coda »

Definitely.
Sometimes there are very slow talking scenes, which I still want to hear what they say, but if I fast-forward on them the sound and captions disappear, which makes it impossible.