Joplin should get their act together and fix Android Sync with NextCloud

Get it out! Tell us what you think SHOULD happen (or not) in the world of technology!
JoplinQuitter

Joplin should get their act together and fix Android Sync with NextCloud

Post by JoplinQuitter »

I thought I could move to Joplin from OneNote even though the experience is not as good; just to take control of my data.
But I need to be able to sync with my Android phone. Either through WebDav with NextCloud, or through folders that I have synced between devices, including my phone.
WebDav with NextCloud should work but it doesn't, not just for me.
There's a GitHub issue that was closed unresolved. What kind of thing is this? Makes me doubt the seriousness of the developers.
I could put up with inconveniences, like no way to use TAB (I don't care it's markUp, markDown, markSideways; use something that is easy to use and can use TAB) but not not being able to have the data on my phone.
Not only that; I might be OK with a way to import .jex files but there seem to be NO way to import ANYthing in the Android App.
And... did anyody complain about being unable to use MarkUp/Down/Sideways on OneNote, Evernote or any other notes app? Why chose MarkUp/Down/Sideways?
Don't say you have an android app if many people can't use it.
Somebody should make a new Notes app, not with MarkUp/Down/Sideways (or where WISIWYG works, including TABs and pen notes), that just syncs from a folder or WebDav AND WORKS.
Yes, I wasted time and I'm bitter!
JoplinQuitter

Re: Joplin should get their act together and fix Android Sync with NextCloud

Post by JoplinQuitter »

It seems that even though I was right about the GitHub issue being closed-unsolved, Joplin itself seem to work with WebDav on Nextcloud, IF one can find the right path which is explained to some extent but... well; I had problems finding it "in the bottom left" when I was logged into NextCloud as Admin.
Anyway, sorry about the above but still, issue should not just be closed like that.