Why you should buy RLX (NYSE) stock? The recent IPO?

Get it out! Tell us what you think SHOULD happen (or not) in the world of money, finance, investing, etc.!
NotAnAdvisor

Why you should buy RLX (NYSE) stock? The recent IPO?

Post by NotAnAdvisor »

First of all let me say that I'm not an advisor, I have no qualifications in the field and I have no information apart from what is out there. Make your own decisions and do not buy any stock based on my ramblings. With this out of the way...

I think you should (I just did); and here is why I think so: It's all about Vaping (inhaling vapors with or without nicotine, approximating smoking without burning which is thought to be healthier) and there seem to be more and more people Vaping:
- People find it very hard to quit smoking and when they try, vaping is one of the alternatives that may be less damaging and may be a good step towards quitting.
- New customers looking for "fun" are trying it and some stick to it.
- RELX (the brand) gained the largest market share in China very fast (as of Feb. '21) and shows no signs of stopping
- From what I can tell their products have not yet been approved in EU and US but there is no reason to think they won't be, soon. I think they have pockets deep enough for that. When that happens the stock will jump!
- Reviews from vapers (people that vape?) are very good and comparisons with Juul and others are favorable (although some seem rather sponsored)
- I think even now people from EU and US can buy them on the internet so the awareness will spread while scarcity breeds desire.
- Whatever happened to competitors (Juul losing value) is now fully known so there seem to be few risks.
- Stock price seems stable (granted, less than a month, but look at other IPOs) and should jump if/when approvals from EU, US are obtained

Negatives I see:
- Because people can't (easily) refill their own cartridges, using RLX product may be more expensive than the refillable alternatives (but still much cheaper than actual smoking AFAIK)
- There is some competition in the space; Juul (which in fact lost value), Myst, etc.